2019 FORD EDGE ST
1Baseplate Kit 524460-5
Learn more about our baseplates
Our baseplates allow you to attach a tow bar to your vehicle, adapting it for flat towing behind a motorhome.
|Bracket with arms installed||
|Bracket with arms removed||
|Tire Size: 245/50R20||Bar-mounted height: 15.5"|
Note: Bar-mounted height may vary depending on submodel and/or tire size.
Replacement driver side arm: C002383
Replacement passenger side arm: C002383
Install time: 3½ hours
- Trimming of spoiler, air dam, bumper, grill or plastic fascia may be required on some models of this vehicle.
- This is a direct-connect baseplate, to which any motorhome-mounted Roadmaster tow bar will attach. It neither uses nor will it accommodate Roadmaster's crossbar. As a result, there are no mounting points for Stowmaster tow bars, Guardians or Tow Defender part 4700. Tow Defender part 4750 will fit. In most cases, Roadmaster makes a crossbar version of this baseplate that will accommodate these products. Refer back to the fit guide to identify a crossbar version.
This category is for other useful information that we may know about this vehicle.
- Pull fuses? NO
- Disconnect battery: YES
- Drains battery when towing? NO
- 12-Volt Outlet Kit required? YES
- Color of brake light switch wire: OEM switch unusable. See Brake Light Switch section.
- Turn signal lighting is: combined
- Can use Universal Wiring Kit? No, this vehicle has variable voltage taillights. Use Smart Diode kit 153789.
- Can use a Bulb and Socket Kit? NO
3Brake Light Switch Kit
If the brake lights do not work with the towed vehicle's ignition key turned to the "tow" position, you need a brake light switch kit to provide a signal to the supplemental braking system. Roadmaster manufactures both vehicle-specific and universal brake light switch kits.
Comments: This universal brake light switch fits all vehicles.
Comments: This is a custom-fit brake light switch kit for this vehicle.
If your vehicle drains the battery while towing, a FuseMaster can disconnect power to the fuses responsible for the drain.
- Not Applicable
If you are installing a BrakeMaster supplemental braking system, you may need a seat adapter to mount it to your vehicle.
Note: the BrakeMaster mounting post is NOT included in the seat adapter kits.
SEAT ADAPTER (if applicable):
6Supplemental Braking System
To be safe and legal, most states and Canadian provinces require a supplemental braking system for the towed vehicle.
Why do I need supplemental brakes?At what weight does my state or province require supplemental braking?