2019 FORD EDGE ST
1Baseplate Kit 524460-5
Our baseplates allow you to attach a tow bar to your vehicle, adapting it for flat towing behind a motorhome.
|Bracket with arms installed
|Bracket with arms removed
|Tire Size: 245/50R20
|Bar-mounted height: 15.5"
Note: Bar-mounted height may vary depending on submodel and/or tire size.
If you need replacement parts for this kit, download the installation instructions from the link above to identify the part number(s) needed. Most baseplate parts are not in stock; however, they are frequently available from production's inventory. Call us at 800-669-9690 to place an order.
Install time: 3½ hours
- Trimming of spoiler, air dam, bumper, grill or plastic fascia may be required on some models of this vehicle.
- This is a direct-connect baseplate, to which any motorhome-mounted Roadmaster tow bar will attach. It neither uses nor will it accommodate Roadmaster's crossbar. As a result, there are no mounting points for Stowmaster tow bars, Guardians or Tow Defender part 4700. Tow Defender part #4750 will fit. In most cases, Roadmaster makes a crossbar version of this baseplate that will accommodate these products. Refer back to the fit guide to identify a crossbar version.
This category is for other useful information that we may know about this vehicle.
- Pull fuses? NO
- Disconnect battery: Yes. See Footnotes for more information.
- Drains battery when towing? NO
- 12-Volt Outlet Kit required? YES
- Color of brake light switch wire: OEM switch unusable. See Brake Light Switch section.
- Turn signal lighting is: combined
- Can use Universal Wiring Kit? No, this vehicle has variable voltage taillights. Use Smart Diode kit #153789.
- Can use a Bulb and Socket Kit? NO
If the brake lights do not work with the towed vehicle's ignition key turned to the "tow" position, you need a brake light switch kit to provide a signal to the supplemental braking system. Roadmaster manufactures both vehicle-specific and universal brake light switch kits.
If your vehicle drains the battery while towing, a FuseMaster can disconnect power to the fuses responsible for the drain.
- Not Applicable
If you are installing a BrakeMaster supplemental braking system, you may need a seat adapter to mount it to your vehicle.
Note: The BrakeMaster mounting post is NOT included in the seat adapter kits.
SEAT ADAPTER (if applicable):